Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something simple

It's Bellarific Friday, and this week's theme was flowers / nature. I am not very comfortable with that theme. Give me easy stuff, not such fancy themes. I went a little cold (lol) when Emily told us, I was like what on earth am I going to do. Thank goodness I had this Gerbera in vase stamp in my collection, and how lucky was I, I even had it stamped out ready for colouring.

This is something way out of my comfort zone, I have never made a card that is so plain and simple, I felt a bit guilty and thought I must spend more time on it, or I have not done my fair share, but there just wasn't more I wanted to do. I loved it, just plain and simple. I wish all my cards could go as quick as this one went. I could make loads more and catch up on the ones I'm behind on!!

The image was coloured with my prismacolor pencils, blended with grumtine (gamsol or sansador), cut with nesties then I added some ink to the edges and cut the mat with the scalloped nestie regtangle. Of course I added some glamour dust, but that was it, it took so little time to make compared to some of my cards.

I wanted to add a sentiment, but wasn't sure what, seeing the card had no real purpose it was difficult to decide. However, I chatted to a lady at the office earlier in the day, she asked if I had any get well cards with me, she needed one for her sister. I said no, and definitely not on me, lol. So when I looked for a sentiment, it was like... THAT'S it, Have a speedy recovery is perfect. I took it to the office the next day and it got snatched up and taken to the hospital, sweet.

The reason I bought this stamp was because of the vase, it reminds me of one my gran had. When she passed away I asked my mom if I could have it, it was the only thing I wanted. Whenever I look at it, it reminds me of her. Last Saturday I went to see a friend for her birthday, I took her a beautiful yellow rose from my garden, she pulled out a vase to put it in, and guess what the vase looked like, just like this one! Is that weird or what - all of them this dark blue colour.

Okay I know I have have waffled on again. I am finished, got to get going for work. Have a great weekend............... Meahni

10 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Thanks for checking up on me Meahni! I have explained my absence in my latest blog post. Love your card, definitely going to have to lift this idea! Hugs x

Mary J said...

Hello Meahni! I love this card - your colouring is AMAZING! Love the clean lines, but it's also very warming. Lovely!

Wiccababe said...

sometimes the simple things are the best Meahni - absolutely gorgeous as always
have a super weekend
Debz
xx

Dana White said...

sistah this is stunning, it may be a simple image but the card is not! LOVE IT -

Silvia said...

OMG Meahni! I love the simplicity of this card. It does look so elegant. Love the focal point, coloring.. I love it!

Hugs!!

The Spotted Chick said...

It's perfect as is!! Love the coloring and the glamour dust was just the right touch! Sometimes simple is just perfect! Love this Meahni!

LORi said...

WOW...Super Pretty!!

paula tracy williamson said...

one word...or two...lol STUNNING & AMAZING!! My kinda stuff all in one card! mwah!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just AMAZING, sistah! LOVE every detail!

kae pea said...

beautiful. I love simplicity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails