Saturday, April 10, 2010

Centre Fold

I think this is going to be me in 40 years time, a perfect centre fold, woohoo! LOL, ROFL!!

Don't you love this image!?? I know I do. It's from Art Impressions, and she's called Jean. She is one of the many images my friend the chicken, Jeanie, sent me. There is no purpose for this card, but I have a feeling it's going to turn out to be exactly what someone is looking for.

I coloured the image with my prismacolor pencils, blended it with sansador (gamsol), and cut it with a nestie. This range of dies have only one size, no small and large, so to get the mat to be just slightly bigger than the image I used the same size die I cut the image with and then used my craft knife to cut around the outside of the die, so I ended with a mat just slightly bigger than my image, perfect.

I took my poor little African Grey, Pepi, to the vet this morning to have his wings clipped. He is not hand reared so he bites, the poor thing has to be wrapped in a towel in order to prevent that. He was so not a happy little bird by the time we finished with him. At least now I don't have to worry about him flying away. How on earth would he survive, and he LOVES his daily granadilla (passion fruit for some), if someone was to catch him how would they know that he needs to get one every morning, lol!

Thanks to those of you who leave me comments. It us such fun to get them and read what you all have to say, some make me laugh out loud! I wish there was time to visit all the blogs out there and leave everyone comments. I do appreciate it when people take time to leave me one.

I am off to go and appreciate the sun. I am so happy we have sunshine today and not more rain. See you all soon.
Meahni

14 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Meahni,
This is a wond erful card. I think that image is fantastic. Maybe you in 40 years - me in 15 years.Lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

clare said...

Hi x OMG..this image so made me giggle when i seen it..lol Love it!
Love the colours and those papers are yummy!
TFS Hugs Clare xx

Ive also become a follower of your great blog x found you on Docrafts x

Cariena said...

you and i, both of us! love, love this image!! i know of a few ladies i know who would LOVE this card!!

Mandy said...

Hello lovely, you did make me laugh and I love your card, that image is fab and your colouring is beautiful as always.
Poor Pepi but then needs must and a good brekkie is so important.
Enjoy the sunshine, we actually have beautiful weather here for a change, fingers crossed Spring has finally sprung
hugs Mandy xx

Karen Motz said...

Oh My Goodness this card makes me smile!!! Jean is just hilarious with that horn on her walker!!! Have a sunshiny day!!!

Julie said...

That Jean is such a chuckle,love the old zimmer frame! Wonder if Jean,like Pepi likes a little passion in the morning lol! x

Sharon said...

A stunning card Meahni. Love the image - made me smile. Maybe another 30 years for me. Enjoy the little bit of sun before winter sets in. hugs Sharon

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Meahni,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Little K Smith said...

Great card Meahni, fab image and perfectly coloured. Love the papers and layout too.
Kelly.x

The Spotted Chick said...

Ain't she a hoot!! OMG!! Yet, another STUNNER you've given us!! I'm so glad you liked the images I sent. You know me, it's gotta be funny!!
Um, no 40 years for me, that's me NOW!! Beep-beep, get outta my WAY!!

Judi said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Judi xxx

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFULLY colored.....and LOL, I love that she has a horn on her walker. Heee!

Louise said...

She's hilarious and I love what you did with her! Great coloring!
40 years for you? 15 at the most for me! Got to get me one of those walkers with horn!!!

Passion fruit every morning - lucky bird!

paula tracy williamson said...

Man!!! she is hilarious!!!! going shopping for some images now, thanks to you and the chicken!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails