Monday, July 19, 2010

Last of Stella and a new room

Hi Everyone, it's been a looong time, and of course yesterday when I wanted to post this post, my internet connection was acting up! It just wouldn't work, yet today it's perfectly normal again. So, sorry for not getting to any blog to leave a comment or two, but I really, really wanted to, lol!

Here's the last of my mom's birthday cards. This was the one her friend asked for, and she luckily, liked it so much she wanted to keep it. Always nice when people are happy with what you made for them. Talking of that, my friend loved ALL the Clown and Number cards, so they all have a new home now.

This is Stella of course, from Bugaboo Stamps, and she was printed on a laser printer, and coloured with prisma pencils, blended with sansador (gamsol) and cut out with a nestie rectangle die. I sometimes wonder if I need to repeat this all the time, but I know when I visit other blogs, I like to see this detail, cause I don't necessarily visit all the time, or it might be my first visit, then it's great to get the info easy and right there in the last post.

I have had the lucky opportunity to buy some of our office furniture. With our offices closing end of September, we have had to get rid of all the furniture. Staff had the option to buy some as well, and for the local ladies reading this post you will appreciate how cheaply I got this. My company paid R18'500 per workstation, that's a desk and 6 of these cupboards you see below (4 wide ones and 2 small ones), I bought it for R500 a set! They are only 3 years old now, which in office furniture is still brand new.

I have tidied my hobby room and I must say, it would be nice to have a bit more container type storage, for the smaller things we so love to collect, but other than that I really cannot complain, I think the pictures speak for themselves. I had to have stuff all over the show, even on the floor. Now everything is neat and tidy, and even Simby and Misty's little beds have a neat space!

See stuff all over !!! It used to drive me insane.

.... and more stuff all over!

Well I am sure you are all tired of this long post, but I had to share my neat and tidy room. Jeanie, what you think?

Take care and have a great week.
Meahni

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Meahni,
Your card is a hoot. I love these images. Beautifully coloured and put together. I love it.
Looks as though you got a fantastic bargain with the office furniture. Looks fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Wiccababe said...

what a busy lady you've been - your craft room is like a "changing rooms" transformation, but better
and the card is fabulous, I love these funny images
Debz
xx

Moz said...

Love your card and love Stella!
How blessed are we who have our space to create.
Your room looks fabulous - enjoy!
Hugz
Moz

The Spotted Chick said...

What do I think??? I think it's AWESOME and I'm GREEN with envy!! OMG, I wanna start on mine now too! Everything looks so nice and tidy. *sigh* Ok, here's an idea... how about you come to Florida and do mine for me?? Yeah, that sounds perfect! LOL!! BTW, LOVE the Stella card!! The colors are GREAT and I love that little trinket on the bow too!! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Colleen Lotz said...

Stunning card! But more stunning is the new room... So nice to have that much space. Can't wait to move into my new home, so I too can have so much space. Go to the plastic shop at Lifestyle - you'll get more that enough choice of boxes, containers, etc to buy to your hearts content - ask me - all my stuff is in some sort of a plastic container now. Love - Coll

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Meahni,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sally said...

Great card.......wish I could come and play in your craft room....it looks great.
Hugs Sally xxx

Sharon said...

Love your room Meahni, you are so blessed to have a separate craftroom. Wowee. Your Stella cards are fabulous, you should be on Bugaloo's DT.

paula tracy williamson said...

ok, have to confess...when I see rooms/decorating/storage or anything of that nature...I can't remember the card! lol Your HUGE room is to drool over...LOVE the new storage you got. Very IKEA, VERY ME!!! I want it all!! so cool. WOW!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails