Sunday, August 8, 2010

Who likes mornings?

Definitely not me, lol!!! I am so not a morning person, don't ask me what it is, but I do know if mornings started at around 10, or better yet 11, I would definitely be one.

Here's someone who agrees with me. Margaret from Bugaboo is definitely not a morning person either.

I printed Margaret on a laser printer then left the image to 'dry' for about a day. I coloured her with my prismacolor pencils and blended it with Sansador (gamsol), cut it out with a nestie die, in this case the long rectangle. I added a crocheted flower my mom made me ages ago and of course the button and twine on top to finish it off nicely. That's about it I think, oh the paper is from Basic Grey the 6x6 pad.

I took some pictures of my children while we were outside playing in the garden yesterday. I always talk about them and thought it would be nice to introduce them to you all. It is so difficult to get a good picture of Jingle and Misty. Misty literally turns her head away from the camera and just stands there, I can call and whistle and try what I like, she will not look at the camera. Some times she even ran inside to get away from me, lol!

So here's my little Jingle, not so little anymore, with his pretty pink nose. See it's going to need sun block soon.

Here is her royal highness, Simby, aka as Princess. She sure acts like one, thus the reason for the nickname.

And my little camera shy Misty. Luckily I have a good zoom lens so I could sneak this picture in without her knowing. Although that face does look a little like it's saying "stop taking my picture, ppppplease".

and Jingle again smelling the grass, or something.

No pictures of Pepi (African Grey) and Roxy (Green Cheek Conure). I will try get them another time. Pepi is not too difficult as he comes out of his cage, but Roxy does not leave her little place of safety, so the only pictures I get of her are through the bars which are not very nice. I'm booked to do a photographic course in September, can't wait, maybe they can teach me how to get a picture without the bars, lol.


Have a great week, I know I will cause we have a public holiday tomorrow, and it's Women's Day, yay!
Meahni

7 comments:

Kerry said...

I love this card Meahni!!! Margaret sure looks grumpy lol. Those are one of my favourite BG papers and of course I love your mom's crochet flowers. She doesn't do commissions does she lol???!!

Your kids are gorgeous...I love Jingle's pink nose...factor 50 me thinks. What would we do without our animals?? xxx

Dana White said...

This is fantastic - love the image, your colouring & layout - FABULOUS my friend! Your kids are cute too

The Spotted Chick said...

Ooooh, I like this VERY much!! I'm not much of a violet person but I really LOVE this combination. Margaret is colored beautifully! I know I say that all the time, but your coloring really is AWESOME! One day, maybe I'll be as good as you. *sigh*
The babies are ADORABLE!! Give them hugs from Aunt Jeanie!!
P.S. I think you should be giving the photography class!

Karen Motz said...

Love love LOVE this!!! I'm totally NOT a morning person either so I can totally relate! The fur babies are super cute too!

Denise Marzec said...

LOL, this sentiment and that lady stamp CRACKED me up! So fun!

...I am actually one of those sick morning people. I like to get up early while everyone else is asleep and have the house to myself for a bit. :)

Your animals are adorable and I love the name Jingle!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Meahni,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Leanne said...

I love your cards Meahni!! They are adorable..... i was wondering how you color your images sooo beautifully with your pencils and gamsol. I do the same thing but my coloring isn't even half as nice as yours. I need help!!! Maybe a little guidance!! :) Thank You!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails