Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Double take

I have two cards to share today. Typical me... nothing in over a week and now two at once. I had such a busy weekend that I got no time to make any cards, it depressed me terribly - hahaha.

I have made one for the Bella challenge this week, must not forget to email it to Emily, and the other was going to be for another challenge to win some Elzy stamps, but I didn't get that far. I ended up doing my own little sketch.

Talking of Elzybells, they have a new release tomorrow. The most gorgeous, precious, adorable, lovable, hugable - okay I'm sure you get my point - bears! There are some great ones for Father's day if anyone is still looking for inspiration. I am definitely going to be ordering some. If you want to see some stunning sneak peaks go see Elzybells or Paula's blogs. You can also find some on the other DT members, there are links on both their blogs.

I tried something different when I coloured these two little bears. I coloured them a lot more solid and darker than I usually would. I also didn't give them their usual rosy cheeks. I think they came out okay, it's just strange for me to look at.

They were coloured with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with Sansador, cut out with my nesties and then layered on 3D pads. I am not 100% sure yet that I like the happy birthday tag where it's hanging... it might still get removed or maybe moved. I just cannot decide where though.

I put some glitter glue on the bubbles, and the flowers.

The Bella card is for my niece's school teacher. My sister just loved the Bella fairy, so a fairy it had to be. Hopefully the teacher also likes fairies - she is turning 60 after all.

I coloured her with Prismas too, and mounted on a nestie on 3D pads. The mat was put through the cuttlebug birthday template. How ironic my sentiments turned out. The Bella image has an Elzybells sentiment and the Elzy image has a Bella sentiment - LOL!

That's about it as far as the cards go. Have to share with you all, Debbi, has been accepted as a design team member for the Passion for Promarkers Challenge blog. She colours beautifully with those promarkers, she has also done a little tutorial on her blog, if any of you are looking for some help with those.

Well, I am now officially VERY late for work. Do I look stressed - okay I'll tell you cause you can't see me - NO, I am not stressed. I have been made redundant, so why should I be stressed, LOL!

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Riet said...

Wowwww Meahni,what a beautiful cards,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Wiccababe said...

hello stranger, how are you??
is the redundancy a definite now? do you have a date?
love both the cards, and I particularly love the way you've done the bears.
xx

Tanmo said...

both cards are gorgeous! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails