Sunday, May 3, 2009

My very first sketch

Finally I managed to make a card based on a sketch. I always love it when I see sketches and even save them to a special folder called 'sketches', lol! But I have never used one. Somehow, things just never want to workout. Even this card is not exactly the same as the sketch. I thought they were supposed to make our lives easier. Maybe it's just me! Anyhow, if you wanna try it, this is where I found the sketch, and check Bev's gorgeous cards while you're there.

This little image was one of the many I coloured without having paper in mind. Fortunately it did not take me too long to find something to match these two cuties.

I coloured the image with my lyras and blended it with Sansador. All the cut outs where done with nesties, aren't they just the best thing since sliced bread.

I think the image is meant for Easter, but this is way tooooooo late for that, and besides, who says you can only kiss a bunny at Easter. If I had a bunny I would kiss it everyday, just like I do my dogs ;-)

I added a flower to the card, but removed it again. I think it looks better without it. Although I still think something is missing.... oh well, this is how it will stay now. I have spent a long time with this card and am now moving on to some colouring.

Winter is really upon us today. It is not pleasant at all, and I have been trying to keep active to not freeze to death. Interesting how making cards instead of sitting on the couch can actually keep a person's blood flowing.

Have a great week ahead. Hopefully I'll find some time to make some new creations.

5 comments:

paula said...

Hey Meahni!
This adorable to no end! I love the colors and I am with you, sometimes sketches can make it WORSE!! lol

Wiccababe said...

love the colouring - especially her socks - such detail!

Debz
xx

jacquiscards said...

this is beautiful hun
what stamp is that as i must get it lol

Riet said...

Wowwww Meahni.
What a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Louise said...

Such a cute card! Great coloring too! (By the way, I love to use sketches - they get me going when creativity is lacking - I don't follow them exactly, but they're always a good starting point!

(The beauty of the Internet - connecting people worlds apart - our winter is finally just leaving us - your winter is starting!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails