Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girls' night out

Look at these two chickens, how can you not love them. See why I can't eat eggs any more ;-)

My mom's friend Jenni, is turning 80 this weekend, and she said these two ladies are just like her and Jenni when they visit and chat and shop and drink, and all the good things you can do with a great friend! I totally agree, and I think my mom is the one on the right, lol.

I used the Stamping Bella sketch from last week for this card. I have to say, I used to struggle terribly with sketches, but I am starting to like them a lot. If you make sure the image goes with the sketch, which I didn't do in the past, then it is SO much easier to put a card together... especially when you've seen it used.

This image is from Penny Black, the sentiment from Stamping Bella, cut out with a nestie of course. I inked the sentiment with a very light blue chalk ink.

The paper is from Basic Grey, again the 6x6 pad, and the white embossed paper was put through the swiss dot cuttlebug folder.

I've been busy hey? We had terrible weather this past weekend, so I couldn't do any DIY, didn't want to go out for food, actually I got home on Friday from work, parked my car in the garage and didn't take it out again until Monday morning when I had to go to work. That is my perfect weekend!!!

Stamping Bella has a great sketch this week, by none other than Paula, but fear not, it is a sketch for us normal folk this time, it won't give you a huge big headache. So who's going to join me, I am definitely participating. (You can find the sketch here.)

Now I'm out of here, Ellen Degeneres is on and I'm missing it....

4 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Meahni,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

What I cute card Meahni! I love those chicks, they look so classy. I'm really impressed with your coloring; specially on the little purse.

Silvia

Rene Sharp said...

Oh, so cute Heahni!! I just changed the channel when that feature on the chickens came on. I could not face it!! I also didn't realise they did that, so sad.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous card Meahni. Love the images! There is a little something on my blog for you. Hugs, Lainy xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails