Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Bees

My mom asked me for an engagement card today, which she needs for Saturday. Now if you are anything like me, then that is extreme short notice, lol. I need at least a week's notice, I am so slow when it comes to making cards, just the colouring alone could take me 2 hours or more.

I was clever though, I chose an image which did not require a lot of colouring, so it took me only a few hours this afternoon to make the card and colour the image. Wish I could always be that quick. I will never get rich making cards, that's for sure, lol.
I coloured my image with prisma pencils blended it with sansador (gamsol), and cut it with a Nestie circle die. I sponged it with a little chalk ink and layered it on a scalloped circle mat. I added lots of glamour dust to the wings and flowers and hearts, not sure it shows on the photo. The border at the bottom was done with a fiskars border punch.
Of course I had to throw in a picture of Lady Ayla Belle. I'm thinking of changing her name though to Lazy Ayla Belle, rofl! She is such a little lazy girl that sleeps all day, okay almost all day, the rest of the day she follows me around the house, aaah!
That's my post for today, I got to go wish Debbi a happy birthday, even though the day is now over.... it still counts doesn't it, woohoo.

Take care
Meahni

7 comments:

Julie said...

Great card Meahni,I love the sunny colours and the punched edge look fabulous,Have a great day,Julie.x

Mary J said...

Hi Meanhi honey! Aaahhh, what a sweet kitty!

Love the fresh, bright card!

Colleen said...

Thank you so much for talking about the time it takes you to make a card. Everyone seems to make cards in an hour, or do many a day. I usually always take at least a week. I've been making cards for 3 years but it still takes me that amount of time. I seriously felt out of the loop. It's refreshing to hear someone else talk about taking a longer amount of time to make her cards. And your bees are a hoot! I love that card!
And the regal Lady Ayla Belle is absolutely beautiful.

Anita said...

Beautiful card. I love the image and the sparkle is so pretty. Oh, I would just love to get my hands on that little fluffy baby. She looks so adorable.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Meahni,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

paula tracy williamson said...

First of all, your baby is bea-U-teefullll. Those eyes of hers are so pretty. This card is amazing!! woohoo, how sunny and happy is that yellow, I absolutely love it. Those bees are pretty cute too with their rosy cheeks! back to work for me now...

The Spotted Chick said...

Look at da little baby Ayla Belle. Isn't she the prettiest baby ever! Those eyes just melt your heart! OH and you card ROCKS kiddo! Love this image and the yellow is such a happy color. How perfect for an engagement.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails