Saturday, January 31, 2009

Falling tree

Look what waited for me when I got home on Wednesday. Yeah, a huge branch (well it is huge to me as this is about the only tree in my garden), had fallen down from all the rain. We had 3 days worth of constant rain. The poor tree. I guess I should consider myself lucky as it fell into the garden, if it had been anywhere else it would've fallen on the wall and on my electric fence and probably would've broken it. Electric fence I hear you ask :-) Yes, we have electric fences here for security. A small deterrent, hoping robbers will not target you and your house.

Anyhow, i do have a card to share with you all. So read on.

















This image is also one of the ones which was sent to me by Paula. I wish I owned such gorgeous stamps.

It was for a colleagues whose daughter is turning six tomorrow. Boy did I struggle to decide where to add the 6. It took me forever. It just did not look good wherever I placed it. Finally this is what I came up with.

I guess this is a Whiff of Joy stamp. I coloured it with my Lyra pencils and baby oil. Talking about baby oil. A fellow blogger, weewiccababe, asked me about the baby oil. Yip it works just as well as Sansador and Gamsol. I have sansador, and it was expensive, but read somewhere on the net about using baby oil with wax based pencils, so I thought I had to try it. It works like a charm and somehow I prefer it to the Sansador. I am sorry now I spent all that money on it, but that's life hey.

I also stamped the name Sid, short for Sidney at the bottom in VersaMark watermark ink, it is not that visabile on the photo.

So here is the card, hope you like it.

Here are some close ups!

Well that's all for today, I am off to do some crafting! Although my children (dogs) are waiting to go and play ball. So I can see I might have to do that first. It's probably still too hot, I might take a quick hour crafting then play ball and then back to the cards.

Cay all soon.

2 comments:

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card - the image is Willow with Cookies from Whiff of Joy. Its a favourite of mine, probably because one of my daughters is called Willow.
Thanks for the info about the baby oil - need to get me some pencils now lol

Sharon said...

Your colouring in is fab. Well done. Hugs Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails