Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not too feminine

Here was quite an interesting challenge. My aunt, yeah she does ask me for cards all the time. My best 'customer' ;-). Asked me for a card for her boss (a woman), but specifically asked for something not too girly. Isn't that an interesting challenge. It almost felt like the dreaded thought of making a card for a guy.....

Anyhow, this is what I came up with. I hope she likes it. AND I hope it is not too masculine. Oh to get the balance right!

The stamp is by PSX, the sentiment by Micia. I coloured it with my lyra pencils and blended it with sansador. I tore the main image out and then inked it and wet it, to get it to 'smudge' a bit. The background paper was first distressed then also inked and wet and then distressed some more. I must say I quite enjoy distressing - it doesn't matter if you make a mistake, it looks like it's suppose to be that way.

I have bought some thicker cotton, and used that for the sewing, and I am so much more pleased. Now it is a lot more visable. I only had one small problem, when I tried the zig zag stitch with the thicker cotton the machine jammed. Thank goodness I could undo it all, and didn't break it. It's my mom's machine and she quickly showed me how to use it before she left for her 2 month holiday in Australia... I'd hate for her to come back and discover that I've broken it.

Okay, I'm off to go and make cards for my aunt, yeah, it's her birthday on Friday, and my niece, who's having her 14th on Monday 23rd.

Nearly forgot. First I want to test my house alarm. I need to set it so it's activated all over the house except for the lounge and dining room. This is to allow my dogs to get into the house while I'm out. I don't like to lock them outside and I also don't like not to activate my alarm. I am sure you can guess which of the two I do at the moment - yip, allow the dogs in with no alarm :-)

Have a great Sunday. Till later.....

2 comments:

Wiccababe said...

thats lovely Meahni - very effective and not at all girly. I'm sure she'll love it
xx

Mar G said...

Hey Meahni - Hope you are well?
Lovely card....Very classy looking!
Have left you a wee something on my blog....Don't worry its NOT another 20 things to list about yourself! ;-) Lol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails